Research continues into the psychology of professional ethical behaviour, and in particular the validity of the PQA model for the assessment and selection of medical and allied health professional students.
Our research team works across faculties within the University of Newcastle and collaborates with a number of other universities and medical schools in Australia, England, Scotland, Canada, Sweden, Japan, Nepal and Taiwan.
Potential collaborative research is planned in Hong Kong, China, Malaysia and Iran.
Our current studies focus on:
- Selection methods and models
- A personality trait model based on the correlates of Involvement, Resilience and Self-Control
- Psychological health in medicine, psychology and other health profession students
- The predictive validity of PQA and its component tests in terms of medical education outcomes and professional behaviour.
We welcome any enquiry about potential collaborative research related to:
- Assessment of applicants for, and selection into, professional programs
- The psychology of moral and ethical behaviour.
Please click here to access details of how to contact the Newcastle research team